Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Pain is Temporary...Quitting is Forever

So this quote is on the wall at the gym.

"Pain is Temporary, Quitting is Forever."

Yes, I found myself back at the gym today.

APPARENTLY, looking hot in a pair of jeans has not been enough motivation for me to get back over there.


But this morning, Jerry B told me my blood pressure is.....

THROUGH THE ROOF!!
He gently suggested that I get more exercise. Time to get back to the gym. Grrr... I've had high weight, high stress, high risk factors my whole life. But prided myself on not having high blood pressure. Well, now we've thrown in high age, too, and it's time to get it in check, with Mom's cancer history and Dad's history of heart disease. I left Dr T's office, did not pass go, did not collect $200. Went right to the gym. Signed up for a year.
Came home, changed clothes and went back.
Spent 30 minutes on the elliptical followed by 30 minutes on the treadmill.
So... apparently, in spite of my occasional thoughts that "I just want to die" rather than live through my current life challenges, I really DO want to live a long and healthy life. And if I get looking HOT in a pair of jeans in the process.. BONUS:)

1 comment:

Grandma Mc said...

You will be wearing those HOT jeans before you know it!!!