Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I like A's.



I should be studying for a test. It is in 1 hour and 47 minutes. And I have been studying ALL day. Because I procrastinated until today. I don't know EVERYTHING I need to know to get EVERY answer right for EVERY question on the test. Grrrr... I used to like to know EVERYTHING!!! But now I know it's OK to not know EVERYTHING. In fact, I've learned things that I'd rather NOT know. Oh, but wait.. I digress. We're talking about school.




On Thursday, I took a test. Open book, open notes, 2 hour time limit. In my FAVORITE class. Human Development. There was absolutely NO reason not to ACE that test. I was done in 1 hour and 2 minutes and had plenty of time to look up the few questions that I wasn't 100% sure about. But I didn't. Even though I could have. I got 45/50, which used to be an A; 90%. But now 90% is a B+.



My friend, who is a real LCSW, licensed and everything, tells me that nobody really cares if you got an A or a B or even a C on some test along the way. All that matters is the license hanging on the wall, and if you have empathy. I like that. Maybe God is teaching me to have empathy. Which is different than sympathy. Yeah, ok. Cool. B+. But I still want A's, so I'm going to study for 1 hour and 19 more minutes. Wish me luck:)

1 comment:

Krista said...

What is the difference between empathy and sympathy? I've always wondered. Could you blog about it next time?