Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 30~ One Last Moment

When I started this "30 Day List" several months ago, I had no idea that my life would be turned upside down in the midst of it all. In October, my husband of nearly 22 years asked me for a divorce. I cried and begged him to stay, so he did. But he wasn't happy. So I moved out after the holidays. I didn't want the house without him in it. I have a cute little apartment. My kids spend a lot of time here, and a lot of time with their Dad. And it's good. I love my ward. I'm in college. I have great friends and even a few who are kind enough to flirt with me and make me feel like a girl again. And I'm OK. Some days are better than others. I cry a little less each week and I'm moving forward into this scary world on my own. With the help of the people who love me. I hope you know who you are. Amazing kids, phenomenal brothers and sisters, a loving Dad and awesome friends. And my husband has been great. Really supportive financially. I know I could call him if I needed anything at all and I think we'll be good friends when this is all said and done. When all of this first started, I felt hopeless. That I was too old to start my life all over again at 42 years old. But then I learned that Michelangelo painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel when he was 71. So I'll be OK. I'm amazed at how many people find themselves single at my age and I look at my Grandma, who found love again in her 70's. Thank you to everyone who believes in my ability to survive this time in my life. For the hugs, the messages, the prayers and the support. I love you all beyond words!!!

4 comments:

JeaniePalmer said...

Tina........I am so proud of you! You are an amazing woman (even though in my minds' eye you are 2 years old,reciting every nursery rhyme ever written)!! Your strength is something for all of us to behold. I know there are bad days, and there will be, but know also that you are never alone.
Your Mom is proud of you Tina...just believe me, I know these things! Hold on tight and know that you are loved in abundance.

Krista said...

I love you Tina. Thanks for trusting us enough to share your heart! You are in my prayers.

Our Family of Four said...

Keep up all the good work! You are an inspiration to me! I am a nervous wreck going to college after being graduated 2 years, therefore I havent, and here you are goin like it's nothin! Lol! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Tina,
I know that I didn't talk to you much and I was only on cheer with ash for two yrs but I had no idea you guys got divorced...guess I'm not involved with the town drama and gossip... I just wanna tell ya how brave I think you are...my parents went through this when I was graduating high school... It's so hard and sometimes you think you can't breathe or go on. I'm glad you have ash to help ya. I haven't talked to her in years but I look at your blogs quite often. Hang in there:)