Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

For my single friends

Lots of my friends have found themselves alone lately. Single after being married for a long time to men they loved and wanted to spend their whole lives with, eternity with even. I hate watching them struggle and hurt. Because I so clearly remember every tear I shed and every night I laid alone in my little twin bed in my little apartment in Nephi, wishing I were home in my big bed with my husband whom I still loved even after everything. I have no idea why the Lord decided that after 7 months, I had struggled long enough. Why I get to be the lucky one who found Ken. I wasn't the skinniest or the prettiest or even the sweetest girl out on the market at the time, so why did he choose me? Why do I get to be so happy when so many of my single friends haven't found this happiness yet? 
 I think the answer has everything to do with my Heavenly Father and the prayers offered by SO many people who love me on my behalf. I could never have found Ken if he wasn't a man who loved his Heavenly Father and could see something in me that the rest of the world couldn't see. People throw the term "soul mates" around, but there's something to be said for a love that sees beyond everything else and into your soul. The soul of this man found the soul of this woman and everything else fell into place. I've never been loved like this. Not when I was 125 pounds or 20 years old or becoming a Mom three times. It's when I'm an older, heavier grandma that I get to have this. 
 And it's because I looked for a man who would give me this. Take me to the temple. Give me priesthood blessings when I need them. Ordain my son an Elder. It was important to me. It's not important to everyone. But it is to me. God knew that. And he sent me my soul mate in the form of the cable guy. I wish all of my single friends could find this. Pray, girls. Love your Heavenly Father. Love yourself. There ARE good men out there. And when you find yours, I hope you cherish him like I do mine. I am SO blessed!!! 

No comments: