Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

People~

So many good people in this world. And most of them end up in a Wal-Mart checkout line at one time or another.
*
The Dad with lots of children. Black children. White children. All ages. All calling him "Dad" even though he's old enough to be called "Grandpa".
*
The marathon runner and his Eagle Scout son. Already felt a connection to his wife the first time I met her last week. Don't know their names. Love them anyway.
*
The girls who snuck up behind me. Just to say hi and see how I'm doing.
*
The returned missionary whose claim to fame is attending an Amish buffet in Intercourse, Pennsylvania. (Intercourse is adjacent to Paradise, btw)
*
Tyler's friends. Love them. All so different from each other. Good kids.
*
The Dad who dug four dollars' worth of quarters out of his pocket to buy a package of socks for his little girl. When he left the house, she was in her bedroom crying and trying to sew up a hole in her socks so she'd have some to wear to school.
*
The woman who walked over and swiped her own credit card when her neighbor's card was declined.
*
The guy from Switzerland.
*
The girl from Paris.
*
I am truly blessed to have the opportunity to meet amazing people every single day. They all make me want to be a better person.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

and Tina, I am sure that YOU are the friendly sales clerk that makes their day:)

-Ashli and Mack- said...

Come on... I just got to work! You can't be puttin stuff up that will make me cry this early in the morning!!

Krista said...

Next time buy the little girl TWO packages of socks and send me the bill. tear. tear.