Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Tyler's Graduation

 My baby graduated from high school on May 23, 2012, the first in our family to wear a yellow rope:) (Which means you're like really, really smart and stuff!) He was one of the Top Scholars in his class and I am SO proud of him. P.S. Aren't he and his sister GORGEOUS people?
 My niece, Brittany Baker, graduated from Grantsville High School on the same night, at the same time, that Tyler graduated from Juab High School, over 100 miles away. So my family had a hard time deciding which graduation to attend. Tami and her family just went half-n-half. Dave and Kylie went to Brittany's, and Tami and Mav came to Ty's.
 I LOVE this picture! Ty's football coach, Mike Bowring, has been an amazing part of his life for many years, both on and off the football field, and has helped shape the man Ty is today.
 Cute little Puggy and Megan joined the Searles in supporting Ty. Thanks you guys:) 
 The boys:) These three have been so close the past couple of years. Ty and Kelton will be roommates at Snow College in the fall. Kelty is a great kid and I think the world of him. He was given the Disciple of Christ Award at seminary graduation and I cried as much as if it were my own blood son receiving it. I'm so glad he's a part of my sons' lives.
 And they are best friends.
My kids didn't really understand when Ken and I took our pictures before the ceremony and let Ty's dad have the time afterwards. But I made the best decision for me. Knowing my own strengths and weaknesses, I held it together for as long as I could and then cried on the way home alone with Ken while Ty got on the bus to go to California with the kids he's known since he was like 4 years old. I'm glad he was raised in Nephi. But I'm SO ready for him to live here in Sanpete. I can't wait til fall when he comes to Snow College, where he'll be a... gasp... cheerleader!!!! I know, right? I'm so excited!

No comments: