Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bouncing Through the Stages




Being the dedicated student of Social Work that I am, I am currently studying for finals.


And that has included a review of the 5 stages of grief.


Which was developed to explain the process of dealing with death.


But can apply to many challenges we face in this life.


Like getting divorced when you're 42 years old.


The Bargaining stage was pathetic.


I cried and begged God to put my family back together.


He didn't do it.




I'm currently bouncing between Depression and Resignation (which our text called Acceptance. I like the term Acceptance better.)


Some days are still better than others.


And I cry MUCH less often than I used to.


I still wish God would put my family back together.


But I have accepted that 4/5 of us is NOT a majority.


And I'll completely move to Acceptance soon.


Really.


I will.


1 comment:

Krista said...

Thanks for the invite to your blog! :)