Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Day 13~ This Week

What a busy week I've had! I'm working at Wal-Mart in the Garden Center/Seasonal Department, so we're VERY busy this time of year! When I get to work, I basically just start getting freight from the back room and find spots to fit it all onto the sales floor while still making it look pretty.

I'm getting pretty good with the pallet jack, too:) Which is quite an accomplishment for me, since I'm not the greatest driver to begin with!

I did apply for a job out at Dugway Proving Grounds this past week. Since I'm getting so proficient on the pallet jack, I figured I'd try to jump to the forklift next! Plus it pays twice what I make at Wal-Mart and I'd have Fridays-Sundays off:) Haven't heard yet who they selected for the position.

This week I also put the Christmas tree up and got the "24 days" tree done. It's the way we countdown to Christmas, with 24 packages of cellophane wrapped rolos and M&M's on a tree that my BIL Dave made for me. We usually have different amounts of cash wrapped in each package, but cash is not readily available this year, so I bought some little $1 stocking stuffer type things and with each day, there is a number taped to the bottom of the cellophane, corresponding to a wrapped gift. So far, Tyler has received mechanical pencils, a light-up yo-yo, some cookies, and some twisty Christmas straws. Kind of fun. I'm starting a lot of new traditions this year and I think Christmas will be fun even without a lot of money and with all of the changes going on in our lives and in our world now.

No comments: