Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 14~ An Embarrassing Moment

Christmas Time always reminds me of the first Christmas after we were married, 21 years ago. I worked full time at the Air National Guard base, and Kurt came to see me one day at work around Christmas time. I was barely pregnant with Ashli, not really even showing yet. I had worn red socks to work that day, my one and only way to rebel and have some individuality in my green uniform. For some reason, I had taken off my boots. No idea why. And I was sitting on my husband's lap, in my uniform, boots off, red socks on, when the Base Commander came walking through my office. I was SO embarrassed. He'd never been in my office before or since. But he was very cool about it. I jumped up and saluted him and he wished me a Merry Christmas in my festive red and green attire.

No comments: