Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Reading is Fundamental

Remember when we were younger and there were only like 5 TV channels TOTAL, two of them being PBS? I remember the Reading is Fundamental commercials and was happy to see that this program is still in existence today.
I LOVE to read! Right now I am actually reading three different books at the same time...

Jana's Journal by Jeannette Windle was on sale for 25 cents at FYE about a month ago, so I picked it up. I don't read it a lot.. a few pages a week. It's a pretty good book.... aimed toward much younger readers than myself, but the style of book I always imagined I would write someday.

I've been reading the first book in the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. I loved the Twilight series mostly because Stephenie Meyer is an LDS author who went to BYU. If she can do it, anyone can! Stephenie Meyer makes me believe in dreams. Her books definitely started a trend among authors, though, this series being one of them. So I'm reading about dhampirs, guardians and so on in this series. I was reading a couple chapters a day until yesterday when Ashli brought me Catching Fire,


the second book in The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. CANNOT put it down! But I'm at the end of Chapter 12 in Catching Fire, and I'm furious at what is happening! So I took a little break, did some housecleaning and some blogging while I take a breath before I get back to the book. The third book in the series came out last week, and since Ashli, Tyler and I are all reading the series, maybe we can all pitch in and buy the hardcover edition since paperbacks won't be out for a while. Ah.. I LOVE to read!



No comments: