Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 15, 2010

An Amazing Day

SO.... I know I brag about this amazing family A LOT! But, seriously, how blessed am I?
They're all beautiful, inside and out. But today they were exceptionally beautiful. Kurt and Zack have been working in Blanding, Utah, since about March. They do come home occasionally for a couple days at a time, and we've all been to Blanding a few times this summer, but our family has not been all together in church for months. Well, today was the last Sunday before Zack goes to college in Ephraim, Utah. He moves next Saturday. So, when we all arrived at the church this morning for Sacrament meeting, it meant a lot to me to have us all there.. together. And then...there were no Priests sitting at the Sacrament table. Our ward has threePriests at a time, all of them preparing the bread and two of them offering the blessings on the Sacrament. Well, my husband, Kurt, is the 1st counselor in the Young Mens' Presidency and Zack and Tyler were the only Priests at the meeting today, so the three of them went up to the Sacrament table. Oh WOW!! I looked up to the front of the chapel and saw all of the men in my family sitting there together to bless the Sacrament and I was absolutely overwhelmed. With love and pride and just a sense of peace and security that I am surrounded by this Priesthood power in my home. That all of the men under my roof are worthy to sit together and perform a Priesthood ordinance is amazing, humbling, awe-inspiring. I just can't put it into words. I'm proud of them for so many things, but this is probably the top of the list. I have the life I always dreamed of. Wow. I love these guys...

The first fish Tyler ever caught.. probably about 1997.



Kurt could have made more money working somewhere else all these years, but it was important to us that he have free time to coach the kids in sports and be there for the important events in their lives. We wouldn't trade it for anything.





I love that Kurt works with the Young Men in the Church, so our boys can see him honor his Priesthood and look to him for guidance throughout their lives.
How lucky am I to live with these guys?
But.. I'm going to miss Zack SO MUCH! Just the other day, we were praying that he'd live through the night in the NICU and now he's off to college! I'm so proud of him and the man he is.
And so honored that I get to be the woman in their lives, atleast for now:)


No comments: