Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Steppin

I'm not a very good Stepmom. I want to be. I try to be. But I don't even know HOW to be.  I always saw myself as more of a Susan Sarandon than a Julia Roberts in the whole Stepmom scenario. The kids are all adults and 75%  of them are female, so it's like... really, really hard to keep them all happy, while still keeping my husband happy, my own kids happy, and myself happy.  Ken and I spend a LOT of time with my kids and not as much with his kids. Which of course I document on facebook. Every breath Riken takes gets a full facebook album posted by Grandma. Yup, that's a problem when your husband has 11 OTHER grandchildren as well. There's no vicious motive here or anything. Ken's daughters spend a lot more time with their Mom than they do with their Dad, and I think the same is true of my kids, me and Kurt. Families just naturally gravitate toward moms and grandmas, and if dads and grandpas are married to someone else, it takes a lot more effort to carve out time together. So, take a breath. Learn a lesson. And try to do better. Oh, yeah, and when you can't make EVERYONE happy, probably focus on making sure the husband is happy, yes? That's the key relationship here, after all.

No comments: