Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Where to eat dinner?

IF I eat here tonight, does that mean I hate gay people? 
I submit that it does not. 
  I have lots of friends in non-traditional families who are making it work for them and I adore them all. 
I Googled the exact quote which sparked this whole controversy and found this: 

Dan Cathy appeared in The Baptist Press on July 16 and he weighed in with his views on family. “We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit,” Cathy said. “We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”


Yeah, that's pretty much the most conservative thing I've read in a while and I understand why my gay friends would be offended by it. Hey, I was divorced and I could be offended by it, too. But I'm not. He is one man, one man who isn't very media savvy. Give the guy a break. The guys in the White House (conservatives included!) have people spin stuff for them. If they're inclined to say stupid stuff, someone fixes it before it hits the national media. Let's not bankrupt an entire company over it. And, while I'm at it, my $5 probably won't save them from bankruptcy either, so maybe I'll just leave it at this and simply eat whatever sounds good. Now, THERE'S a novel idea. 

No comments: