Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sam Guillory

I started following Sam Guillory's blog today.
You can find it here:



I met the Guillorys when they moved to Nephi in about 1996 or so. I was managing an apartment complex and they moved in for a short time while their home was being built.
I met Bob first, the Dad. He came to sign papers and get keys and all that.
He was this military man with an intimidating aura and he told me he didn't like Mormons.
So I was immediately terrified of him.
I didn't find out until over a year later that he was totally kidding with me, and they were an active LDS family. He just had that twisted sense of humor.
Sam was the youngest child then, and we called her Sammi Jo. She hated it. So Kurt continued to call her that for years.
Jill, the Mom, is an avid runner, and I remember her first race. It was the Ute Stampede "Fun Run" about 10 years ago. I thought it was SO awesome that she did it. She's run every day since, I'm sure. She used to be in the high school gym running the indoor track every morning when I lived in Nephi. I didn't even TRY to keep up with her. One day, when Ashli was going through a particularly tough time in her life, Jill slowed it down to run a lap with me and talk about Ash.
Sam played in a softball tournament over here in Ephraim a few weeks ago, so I got to see Jill when I was working at Maverik. I saw her later at Wal-Mart and started to introduce her to my new husband, Ken, but she is 40-something, and apologized profusely that she had to get to the bathroom and couldn't chat. lol. She hunted us down after her visit to the little girls' room and introduced herself to Ken.
These are great people, just an amazing family. It doesn't seem fair that they're going through this, but if anyone can handle it, it's them.


No comments: