Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 13, 2012

Small Town Living

I love going over to Mt Pleasant and watching Miss Ashli play volleyball, now that I live close enough to go over there when I can.
Yeah, she pretty much rocks:)
At her most recent game, she played against her preschool teacher, who hasn't changed a bit.
The thing is... preschool was nearly 20 years ago. We were living in Ken and Dixie's trailer park in Spring City, dead broke, before we moved over to Nephi where we lived for the next 17 years or so. I got divorced, remarried and ended up back over here in Sanpete County with Ken. Ashli ended up in Moroni with Mack, and here we are. Right back where we started:) Running into faces we saw 20 years ago.
Then there's also Kellie who used to work with Ken. Happens to be on Ashli's team. Small world.
And Roxanne, who was Ken's neighbor for 18 years before his divorce. She cut my hair for our wedding.
She was reffing Ashli's game.
I took this picture of Ash without even realizing that our friends, who aren't on Ashli's team, were in the background. Ashli's dad knew ShaRane years ago, but she is also a good friend of Ken's kids, so I know ShaRane better now than I did when I was married to Ashli's dad. And Julie is one of the people I love most here in Ephraim. I met her at Maverik, but she's also in my ward and I think THE WORLD of Julie. I love her:)
You seriously can't go anywhere in this county without having some kind of connection to SOMEONE. It's actually pretty great. I'm sure it means everyone knows everything about everyone. But whatever. I really do love it here:)

No comments: