Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Imperfection

I struggle sometimes.
Because people in the Church aren't perfect.
My friend needed her gas stove lit Friday night.
She is disabled.
Traumatic brain injury.
No husband.
She called the Bishop.
He said he didn't have a gas stove so he didn't know how to light one.
Didn't know anyone in the ward who had a gas stove.
So I gave her the phone number of the Relief Society President.
Ah:)
She said "My husband and I will be right over."
And there it is.
Women were blessed with compassion.
We can be the MEANEST people on this earth to each other.
Or we can be the most loving.
I choose the latter.
My beautiful little visiting teacher just left my house.
I have generally had a huge dislike for the visiting teaching program.
But this woman..
She's different.
She like really LOVES me.
I'm not a number to cross off on her list.
She cries when she comes to visit.
She buys butterfly things when she sees them
Because she knows I'd like them.
She loves me.
It's new.
I like it.

1 comment:

JeaniePalmer said...

This really has nothing to do with your post........call me crazy, it won't be the first time!

I just felt the need to write and say how much I love you and how great you are doing balancing everything. I know it's good not being alone and having someone to share your life with but along with that comes trying to figure out where everyone fits into this new dynamic . I don't know Ken, I didn't know Kurt but I know you!!! Just hand in there...take it a day at a time. I know things will be good for you; it just might bring some days when you are scrambling to know exactly where you belong.
And I wanted to tell you too. Kari and Kami both lost their first ones, then Kami lost another before she got Carter. Now she's due in June, but lost one between Carter and now. Kari lost one, got Maggie, lost one, got Sophie and then Issac just happened all on his own. I know it's deevastating for Ashley and her mom but hopefully things will work out. Kami waited a while before really going to the doctor for help and I think she wishes she would havr gone sooner. Ashley is young though...........that is on her side!!!

Love you miss Tina!!