Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

First Camping Trip of 2011

I love camping. But it's always the busiest time of year for Kurt at work and we never did go camping as much as either of us would have liked to.


So I'm determined to go as often as I can now.


Before I'm too old to enjoy the mountains.


I work every weekend at Wal-Mart, so my camping trips will be mid-week when I have a day off the next morning.


June 7 was the first one this year.


LOVED IT!!!!!


It isn't summer until I've seen my waterfall.






Here it is from last year.




And here it is from June 7.


SO SCARY how fast and furious the muddy water was forcefully crashing down the waterfall. I'm pretty worried about how our world is going to look within the next few weeks when even more snow comes off the mountains.




I wanted to camp at Payson Lake, but the campground isn't open yet, so I went to Nephi Canyon. It is getting beautiful and green again after the Salt Creek Fire raged through there in 2007.






Chose the Cottonwood Campground because it is FREE! Yay:)




Got settled in for the night as soon as the sun went down because I forgot to take a flashlight. No, I didn't forget. I knew there was a lantern in the camping box. I just didn't know the bottom half of the lantern was missing; the half that holds the batteries. lol.





I was very smart about my first camping adventure as a single girl.


Set up my own tent:)


Camped 100 steps from the bathroom.


Close enough to get there quickly, but far enough that I wouldn't have to smell the place all night.



And only cried a teeny tiny little bit when I thought about other camping trips and time around the campfire.


I love camping!





But I also love getting in a hot shower and putting makeup on when I'm done!

3 comments:

Our Family of Four said...

you are brave! i don't think i could go camping alone haha. im such a sissy! love ya cuzzle!

Woods Family said...

Wow! You rock! I love camping too. Looks like fun.

yurladynike said...

You are Awesome! I wish I had more time to go but when you live in the city it takes planning, instead of just driving a couple miles and popping up the tent. That's the only thing I miss about living in Brigham City. Really glad you enjoyed yourself! :-)