Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Melancholy

Some of you have been reading my blog for years. So you know. You know that I got married in 1989, had three amazing, wonderful children, and got divorced 22 years later. My ex-husband was seeing a girl we had known for 15 years and I moved out of our hometown where I wouldn't have to see them or hear about them everywhere I went. When I moved to Ephraim, this amazing, kind, cute man hooked up our cable TV.  Four months later, when I moved to Moroni (with Ashli and Mackenzie, btw.. they were amazing to me!) the same cute guy hooked up our cable again. We struck up a conversation and he told me his wife had asked him for a divorce after 24 years. They'd been married in the temple, too.  Our stories were almost identical. He was my soul mate. Our first date was a motorcycle ride over the Nebo Loop. We got married two months later. I love him more than I ever imagined I could love anyone. We do everything together. Our nine kids are all grown up and we have the freedom to just enjoy each other's company. It's a beautiful life. One I never thought I'd have again after I got divorced.
But sometimes I miss this life, too. The house where I raised my kids. Christmas traditions. First day of school pictures in front of the bushes in the front yard. My dog. My ex-husband's brothers and sister. Even his parents sometimes! I wonder how eternity will look for all of us. I wouldn't trade my life with Ken for anything. But, you know.... I get melancholy sometimes. Today is one of the sometimes. Plus I'm bored. I'm not taking college classes summer semester, so this is like the first day in the past 18 months that I don't have homework to do. Gives me too much time to think.

No comments: