Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 03, 2013

MS Walk 2013

So my husband has 9 kids now. Three biological, three stepkids from his former marriage, and my three kids.  Last Saturday, we had the awesome opportunity to do the MS Walk with his two biological daughters. Jenny, on the left, is his daughter with his former wife to whom he was married for 24 years. And Mallory, on the right, he didn't meet until 2011.   
Mal asked us to join her team Rammer Jammer for the MS Walk this year, and we were thrilled to help her raise money for a cause she believes in, but I had no idea how moved I would be by the whole experience. 
  Mallory was raised by an amazing Mom named Becky and a wonderful man named Nick Michoff. Becky married Nick around the same time I married Ken, but they had been together for many, many years before that. Mallory was so happy when her Mom got married, and we were so happy for all of them. 
Nick passed away about a year ago, and it meant a lot to me to see Ken wear Nick's name on the back of his shirt for the walk.  

I was nervous about meeting Becky. Ken hadn't seen her for over 25 years and I just didn't know how it would go, but she was so gracious and sweet, and it was just a wonderful day where we all came together out of love for Mallory and to honor Nick. 

No comments: