Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 26, 2012

You Matter to Him

I have one of these. My daughter has one of these. My brothers have lots of these. My Dad has a few of these. My husband has three of these. We're Latter Day Saints and we're not supposed to have any of these.
But we do.
So today my daughter came to church with me. And a returned missionary was the speaker. He was talking about a guy in El Salvador that was covered in tattoos and piercings. And I was worried that my daughter was going to bolt. Run out the door. Until the RM said "....And he was one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet".
THANK YOU Elder Clark! We Christians need to be more like Christ. Accepting and loving to people. Even the people who make different choices than we do. Someone once said "If there's not a faint smell of tobacco in the chapel, then someone isn't doing their job". Yup. Let's all just do the best we can, ok? Be the best people we can be. And accept each other, warts and all.
The relief society lesson was from Elder Uchtdorf. Sorry, Dieter. I know I spelled that incorrectly. Entitled "You Matter to Him".
I can't get it to post on here the way I want it to, but you can copy and paste it and read it. It's a good one. http://www.lds.org/ensign/2011/11/you-matter-to-him?lang=eng

Did I mention that my daughter came to church with me?

Happy Mom here.

2 comments:

-Ashli and Mack- said...

I'm so glad I came :) It was the best way I could have spent my Sunday morning. Love you!!!

Lisa said...

My sweet Court is the epitome of an absolutely amazing person who has more than a little ink and more than a few holes. Quality comes in all designs and colors. :-)