Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

OK, OK, I Apologize!

I wrote a blog post a week or so ago about how I feel ignored by my husband. I thought he'd be moved to tears when he read it. See things my way and humbly apologize for making me feel so invisible. Yeah, no. He was moved, but not to tears. He was pretty upset for a few days. Angry that I called him a selfish, well, you know, a selfish @*&^$@^& for the whole world to read. I tried to assure him that the "whole world" doesn't even read my blog. Nobody really cares that much about the ramblings of a frumpy middle-aged housewife in the middle of Utah. And those who DO read it are women who probably feel the same way I do occasionally.

He wasn't buying it, so I pulled the post, moved the blog to "private" and pouted for a few days. Then I put it back up and decided I better do some damage control.

He's not selfish ALL the time...

Once when he was heading out on the truck for a few days (probably 16 years ago) and we were SO BROKE, he walked down to the Pepsi machine at his Dad's trailer park and spend all the change he could round up to put a Diet Pepsi in the fridge for me.



When we were in the midst of our war over the original blog post, he met me and the kids in Provo at midnight to watch Valentines Day, a chick flick, even though he had to work the next morning.




He loves to play recreational sports. We used to spend at least three nights a week in the gym or on the ball field somewhere while he played ball with his friends. But as our kids got older and I had my hands full, he eventually played less and less until finally he pretty much quit playing everything but Old Mens' Softball and started reffing and umping instead to earn a little extra money for our family.



One day in the summer of 2008 I made us an appointment for something that was really important to me. On our way to Provo, we had the radio on and something came on about the MLB All-Star game being played THAT NIGHT at Yankee Stadium. In the midst of all that went on that summer, I hadn't even realized when the All Star game was. He knew, of course, but he didn't say a word about it. Just got in the car and went to Provo with me for our appointment. That was definitely the least selfish thing he's ever done.



So I vow to notice the little things he does on a daily basis and have fewer pity parties as I navigate through my mid-life crisis, and most definitely to quit blaming him for EVERYTHING. I'll continue to blame him for things that really are his fault, but I'll try really hard not to post it for the "whole world" to see.

He's 43 years old today. Happy Birthday, Kurt! Love you:)



1 comment:

Grandma Mc said...

Tina, I love your honesty. We went to a V day party and played a how well do you know each other game....needless to say we were not on the same page. I tell Drew if he would get that mind reading down life would be easier for both of us. We have had to have converstaions we never did with kids at home to run interference. They have been good for our relationship and I am hoping this blog post has done yours good.
Love ya xoxo